Monday, February 13, 2017

The First Vlog Ever Shot on a Gh5!


[ad_1]

► SUBSCRIBE to my channel !
🌲 🌊 Sign up to learn more about adventure filmmaking

I shot this vlog primarily for fun. I was trying to get used to shooting with the Gh5 because I only had it for 24hrs and had an exciting project the next day to film on.

Notes on Todays Video:
I tried to keep any sort of grading super minimal. With my vlogs I don't ever spend much time on color grading. It's hard to devote much time to that, especially when doing daily. So the results you are seeing is basically straight out of camera with the blacks increased a little bit. I was shooting in Cine-V.

Lenses:
I was using was the 12-35mm 2.8 from panasonic as well as my 35mm 1.4 with speedbooster for a few shots.

Stabilizing:
Some big takeaways for me is all the handheld footage.
Look at the lack of skew and also how stable some of those shots are. Really stoked on the lack of micro jitter all around. - I didn't do any post stabilizing or denoising.

Autofocus:
I was testing autofocus for most of the vlogging stuff. The results of autofocus in 4k60p aren't amazing, but definitely useable. I had a hard time finding settings in the menu to help customize autofocus in video settings. I will upload proper autofocus tests if people are interested.

Speedbooster:
Some of those shots in the studio were with a speedbooster and a Rokinon 35mm 1.4, I really think this combo is gonna be killer. Especially with how stable the shot is. It's hard to see how big of a difference that stabilizing makes, unless you are used to seeing handheld prime lens work.

Low Light:
All of that stuff in the studio and Van was super dark. Like really dark. Especially when we started watching the movie, all of that was just being light from the Tv. I think that shot of the paper bag is a great example of a low light shot.

Those are some of my notes for now. Let me know if you have additional questions or anything I can help clarify!

► Get early access to every video!

🎵 - Both songs in this video are by the insanely talented Joakim Karud

📢 Let's be friends!
📷


(make sure to say hi!)

Be part of an epic community who receive my videos and tutorials early every week!

You will also receive free adventure filmmaking tips by joining the newsletter, did I mention it was free??
I have a guide of all my software tools available to all new subscribers.

Ps. Make sure you say hi

My signature Leftcoast Typeface is made by the extremely talented Sarah Dayan.
Check out here case study on the project here:
[ad_2]

source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema – FilmiLog