Tuesday, April 11, 2017

How to Make Smart Blinds using Facial Detection




Etan and I are going to show you how to make smart blinds using the Raspberry Pi and some components! The blinds will detect if a person is near it using facial detection and open. When a person moves away, it will close. We attached a servo motor to the blind to get it to do this automatically. I met Etan when I was attending Columbia in NYC and now he's a software engineer at Square. I've known him as a hardware hacker, so I thought it'd be fun to collab! We started off soldering in a board, but in the end we decided to use a breadboard instead (so no need to solder) This was a 2 day project.

Code and instructions for this project:


Please subscribe! And like. And comment. That's what keeps me going.

Etan's Twitter:


More learning resources:





Join us in the Wizards Slack channel:


And please support me on Patreon:



source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema – FilmiLog