Monday, March 13, 2017

Being A Production Assistant (PA)- Part 2


[ad_1]

PART 1-
My Camera Gear-

2 Major questions have arisen from Part 1 and I wanted to answer them for everyone instead of just a select few.

1. How to get a PA Job? 0:56
2. What about a Driver's License? 4:20
---

Getting a PA job is as hard as any job search. The first question is "Where do I start?" You can start on job sites, craigslist or production staffing websites.

DISCLAIMER: BE VERY CAREFUL ON CRAIGSLIST. EXTREME CAUTION!!

Reach out to production houses, filmmakers and videographers about their company. BUT DO NOT start the email off by asking for a job. "Hi, I'm looking to see if you have any openings." [DELETE]

Offer that company something of value. What can you bring to the table?

---
Driver's License

It's a catch-22. You need one. Should that discourage you? Hell No!

Expect "No" 99% of the time anyways and show people that you're willing to work your ass off regardless of a driver's license.

---
WEBSITE-
SNAPCHAT-
INSTAGRAM-
TWITTER-

My Camera Gear-
Canon 70D-
Canon 10-18mm-
RODE VideoMic Pro-
iPhone 6-
Adobe Premiere Pro CC-

Music by Avaren (

New to the Vlog?
--
My Filmmaking Philosophy-

My Life Story (sort of)-

I can remember picking up my family's video camera as a teenager and being enthralled that I could make an impact in someone's life. The filmmaking process is complex but at the heart of it simple: tell a compelling story.

What resonates the hardest is visual storytelling. The ability to create an emotion or convey an idea through an image is what drives my career as a filmmaker. My marathon mentality is focused on becoming the best cinematographer possible.
[ad_2]

source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema – FilmiLog