Tuesday, March 14, 2017

How I Got A Talent Agent!


[ad_1]

OPEN for more BACKSTORY, TIPS for getting a Talent Agent, and my social media!

More here:

▶ Backstory on the Video!! ▶ Updates with Me ▶ Links to Connect with ME ▶ Links to MORE videos ▶ My Film Equipment!!!

If there's anything else you need, leave it below in the comments. I'm always here to help! Love y'all. CIAO
_

▶ Backstory ▶

So, one of my most asked questions is "How Do I Get a Talent Agent?" And I completely agree! Talent Agents are so helpful in this business. My current talent agent has helped me book (a few) commercials and auditions for important casting directors in the industry! It's really cool. I feel that this video is the best way to show you how to get a Talent Agent, because I am showing you how I did it!!!

I know that a lot of the questions that will be asked it, "How much experience do I need to get a Talent Agent?" or "What kind of experience should I get to get a Talent Agent?" All valid questions. The simple honest answer for this questions is that I don't know. The amount of experinecen and credits that you need depends on your talent, depends on luck, depends on the season that the agency is in.

To increase you chances of getting callbakcs/accepted into an agency, there's a FEW things that you can do to increase your chances

1. Do lots of acting training and theatre. The more you do is better. You can never do enough as an actor. As an actor, you aways need to be growing. This will help your talent in the audition room. It will also help you have things to fill your resume with, so that you're not just a bran new actor! This acting trainig shows that ou are somewhat serious about the acting business, and that you've learned a lot about acting and auditions!!

2. Do your research on the agent? Do they have clients in their roster that look like you? (same heigh, build, hair color, ethnicity, character type?) If the answer is yes, that you chances of getting accepted by the agency gets slimmer. I've rad that a lot of agents don'tr like to have two people are are 'identical" for the same auditions so if the agent already has someone who fits their" Niche" then they won't need two people!!!

Also, you need to reasearch those who you are auditioning for because you also want to look at the resume size of the clientele. If the people they most largely represent have shorter resumes (when they're in the same age range and gender as you) then you know you have a higher chance of getting in! It also works on vice versa.

Fun fact: I submitted for 3 talent agencies. 2 replied. I thought that I had a pretty good amount of experience, but the 3rd said that they couldn't represent me because i didn't have enough credits on my resume, and that I should come by Later. They are some things that should be learned fro this!! If ALL the agencies that you submit for al telling you you need more credits - baby girl, you need to get more credits! If one person tells you, don't just stop there! Ask othes/submit for other agencies in the industry and see what they see about your experience. It's so important that "NO" in this case doesn't mean that they illl never even want to audition you in the future. Don't let the know get you down and remember that there are several other tries.

3. Check on their website!! You want to do as much research about the agen(cies) that you can find out everything about them! Sometimes agents have a specific age range that they like to represent. If they're representing only seniors 60-80 for their talent,t that's on them. I know of that helped but thank you!

Reading on midterms and looking at the breaks helps see what is growing on it your life.

_

▶ Related Videos ▶ More of my videos! I do acting, modeling, skits, monologues, vlogs and sometimes advice. Here are some more playlists of things I do:

OSCARS REACTION VIDEO:

HOW I GOT MY FIRST TALENT AGENT:

AGENTS VS MANAGERS:

HOW TO FIND TALENT AGENTS:

HOW TO GET A TALENT AGENT | Acting 101

ACTING ADVICE:

MY MONOLOGUES:


ACTING/FILM SET EXPERIENCES AND STORIES:


_

▶ Ways to Connect with Muaaaa ▶ I ALWAYS try to reply!

MY INSTAGRAM @marietagbo


MA TWITTAA @mtagbo


ADD ME ON DA SNAPCHAT @marietagbo

___

MY FILM EQUIPMENT

CAMERA: Canon T5i
Lighting: Cheap Amazon Lighting Kit
EDITING SOFTWARE: Imovie
[ad_2]

source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema – FilmiLog